What is Kinesiology Taping?
Kinesiology tape is almost identical to human skin in both thickness and elasticity, which allows kinesio tape to be worn without binding, constricting or restriction of your movement.
Kinesiology tape is a therapy used for treating athletic injuries and a variety of physical disorders. For the first decade after its introduction practitioners in Japan were the main users of the therapeutic kinesiology tape. By 1988 the tape had been adopted by Japanese Olympic and professional athletes before spreading across the world.
You would have noticed that more and more professional athletes use kinesiology taping improve their sporting performance, prevent injury and allow them to return to sport quicker.
What Conditions Can Kinesio Taping Help?
- Joint Pain, joint sprains, joint instability
- Dislocated joints, sprained ankle, sprained knee, sprained wrist, sprained elbow
- Degenerated meniscus, torn cartilage, unstable joints, joint hyper-mobility
- Muscle pain
- Torn muscles, pulled/strained muscles, tight muscles
- Muscle spasms/muscle cramps
- Arthritis, bursitis, lupus
- Calf strain, pulled hamstring, groin strain, strained gluteals, abdominal strain
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Tendinitis, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis), patellar tendinitis
- Achilles tendonitis, whiplash, back strain, neck strain, rotator cuff injuries, iliotibial band syndrome (ITB)
- Overuse Injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress syndrome, shin splints, iliotibial Band Syndrome, tension headaches
- Swelling and Oedema
- Lymphedema, swollen joints, edema, lymphatic congestion, chronic joint or muscle inflammation
- Postural Problems, round shoulders, scapular instability
- Muscle weakness, muscle imbalance, poor muscle tone, hypotonia
- Recovery from Surgery
- Athletic injury surgery, reconstructive surgery, joint replacement surgery, meniscus repair, ligament surgery, tendon surgery
- Bruising following injuries or surgery, contusions
- Foot Pain, Plantar fasciitis, fallen arches