Dr. Kimberly A. Besuden, C.F.M.P.
Chiropractic Physician and
Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
Dr. Kimberly Besuden began her career in Chiropractic in 1994. Her first office located in Winter Park grew quickly. After moving to rural Lake County as a ranch owner, she opened a second satellite office in Eustis in 1998. In 2011 she purchased an office building and created Bay Street Wellness, which hosts wellness minded practitioners of massage, acupuncture, skin care, and functional medicine, as well as chiropractic care.
Dr. Besuden has a long history as a competitive athlete. This background, as well as her “hunger” for nutrition, has created her transition as not only a Chiropractic physician, but also a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. “I became frustrated hearing patient after patient complain about taking pills to treat symptoms." This launched her into the journey for functional approaches to create specialized programs for patients to support them back to being well and in good health.
Not only has she taken over 1000 hours of clinical nutrition course work for her own certification, she now teaches other doctors. She has taught webinars and courses for Standard Process to help other doctors incorporate a wellness approach into their practices.
She is passionate about nutrition and exercise. Every patient gets a dose of each to help support them in their wellness journey. Using whole food supplementation exclusively through Standard Process, she has guided so many of her patients by supporting them through digestion, thyroid, adrenal, blood sugar and weight management issues. She also helps those patients that need to organize their current programs to streamline supplementation.
She enjoys life in Lake County on the Harris Chain of Lakes with her wife and furry kids. She works out with weights and cycles hundreds of miles a week to maintain her own fitness.
- 2013 - Functional Medicine University - Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, C.F.M.P.
- 1994 - Life University
Doctorate of Chiropractic - Clinician of the Year
- 1991 - Valencia Community College
Premed Undergraduate Studies
- 1982 - Purdue University
Bachelor of Physiology in Exercise
Master Studies of Exercise Physiology
- 1978 - Daytona Beach Community College
Associate of Arts in Education
- 1994 to present: Private Practice Winter Park and Eustis, Florida.
- 1995-2002: Team Physician for Rollins College, Sports Medicine, Winter Park, Florida.
- 1994: Chiropractic preceptorship under Dr. Jo Reeves and Dr. Lindsey de Guehery, Florida.
- 1992-4: Neuro-anatomy Instructor, Life University, Marietta, Georgia.
- 1985-1990: Developed Ultimate Fitness, Inc (Personal Training, Strength Coach and Nutrition Consulting), Orlando, Florida.
- 1984-6: Physical Education Teacher/Coach, Orange County Public School System, Orlando, Florida.
- 1982-4: Director of Aquatics and Physical Education, YMCA, Orlando, Florida.
- Olympic cycling
- Weight lifting
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic and Physiotherapy
- Florida State Chiropractic and Physiotherapy License
- Certification in Inflammatory Disorders
- Certification in X-ray Interpretation
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, C.F.M.P
MEMBERSHIPS and ASSOCIATIONS
- American Chiropractic Association
- Florida Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Association
- Central Florida Chiropractic Society
- SORSI-Sacro Occipital Technique
- American Chiropractic Association Sports Council